Thursday, July 13, 2017

Where to Stay in Santiago

I just returned from a trip to Santiago, Chile. Although this particular trip was for a vacation, I stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton in the upscale Las Condes neighborhood and I highly recommend it if you're ever in Santiago for business. The rooms are quiet and comfortable (as you would expect from a Hilton property), and you get a perfect view of the Andes mountains if you get a room facing east or the San Cristobal Hill, if facing west. The neighborhood is great for getting out for a walk if you have a few minutes with a lot of shops and restaurants. There's also a short paseo (La Pastora) between Avenida Aprquindo and Isidora Goyenecha with ten sculptures made from stone, bronze and steel.
The best thing about this hotel though was definitely the warm, friendly staff. They made sure we felt welcome, gave us great information about the area, tips on restaurants and hints of places to visit (time permitting). I've stayed in a lot of hotels throughout my travels and I think the staff at this DoubleTree was among the best I've ever encountered. Kudos to the whole team and to the management for obviously providing great training!

Let me know if you've ever stayed at this hotel and what you thought. Or have you stayed somewhere else in Santiago for work that you would recommend for your fellow biz travelers?

Av Vitacura 2727, Las Condes, RegiĆ³n
Santiago, Chile 

No comments:

Post a Comment