Thursday, November 5, 2009

Calling Clam Chowder Lovers

I was in Boston recently on a business trip with no required dinners with clients or colleagues - just me, all by myself - I loved it!! And I was on a mission... to get to the Black Rose, to get a bowl of clam chowder so thick your spoon pretty much stands straight up in the bowl. The Black Rose is an Irish pub located in the Faneuil Hall-Quincy Market area (a great location to also do a little shopping before or after dinner.) I don't even know what else is on the menu - the first time I ever went in and sat at the bar, I ordered the soup and it's the only thing I've ever ordered there since - it's the reason I go. I'm going back to Boston next week - I'm hoping that I'll have time to sneak out and get over there for a bowl of that thick, delicious chowder!
If you love New England style clam chowder, next time you're in Boston, try it and let me know what you think.

The Black Rose
160 State Street
Boston, MA
617.742.2286
www.irishconnection.com/blackrose.html

My Faves: (Do I need to tell you?) It's the award winning clam chowder!

No comments:

Post a Comment