Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Walk To Bryant Park

I had about an hour and a half after my last meeting ended and before my colleague was meeting me for dinner so I answered a few quick emails, put my cell phone in my pocket and headed out of my mid-town hotel. Since I didn't have a lot of time I decided to make Bryant Park my destination and so I headed off toward Times Square, took a left on 42nd Street and made my way over to the park.
For those who've never been, Bryant Park is a lovely mid-town oasis between 5th and 6th Avenue and 42nd and 44th Street. There are numerous tables and chairs scattered throughout the park where you can unwind with goodies from one of the 4 'wichcraft kiosks (each kiosk carries different items from sweets and coffee, to sandwiches etc.)
There are also events in the park year round - concerts, theater in the park, ice skating and from early November - early January you'll find "The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park" which features over 100 boutiques, artisans, designers and food merchants from around the world.
You can go online http://www.bryantpark.org/ or you can follow them on Twitter (BryantParkNYC) to see how to get to the park, find out what's going on and where you can grab a drink or a bite to eat and then next time you're in mid-town and find yourself with a few spare minutes -- take a walk and experience this lovely NYC park.

No comments:

Post a Comment