Thursday, October 29, 2009

Scoozi! Per Favore

Scoozi! Italian Restaurant (or as I call it -"the flying tomato" because of the huge, 3 dimensional tomato that hangs over the door), has been one of my "go to" restaurants in Chicago for about 20 years - It's the first place I ever took my (now) husband back when I was living here. It's also the first place I'd ever heard of and tried Magherita Pizza and it remains the best I've ever had (I wonder how they make and keep the crust so thin and so crispy?! )

I've returned to Scoozi! many times over the years when traveling to Chicago on business - I've brought clients, co-workers, friends and of course enjoyed many meals here solo - and I'm never disappointed. The food is delicious and the service is excellent - you always have a full water glass and bread on your plate - but you never feel like you're being hovered over.

Menu: According to the website - "Comfortable Italian"
Faves: Margherita pizza, and the crusty bread served by the "chunk" by the waitstaff with seasoned olive oil is so good I could almost use up my entire appetite on just that.
Other info: Scoozi! is a little off the beaten path (west of Lasalle) but still an easy cab ride from any downtown hotel.

Scoozi
410 West Huron
Chicago, IL 60654
312.943.5900
http://www.leye.com/
(then go to find a restaurant at top of site)

No comments:

Post a Comment