Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Get Your Irish On

The James Joyce Irish Pub, is in the growing Harbor East neighborhood of Baltimore and has a very cozy and authentic Irish Pub atmosphere (or what I assume is authentic as I've never actually been to Ireland...yet) Typical "pub grub" is bountiful (burgers and fries, sandwiches and wraps) but the best bets are the traditional Irish dishes. Listed on the menu as "Irish Favorites" these include offerings such as, Fish and Chips, Shepards Pie, Corned Beef and Cabbage, and Irish Lamb Stew.
I actually just sat at the bar last time I was there (it's my usual spot at this venue and many others) and had a delicious steaming bowl of hearty potato soup and bread with a pint of Guiness. Hardly gets any better than that.

Menu: Casual "Pub Grub" and traditional Irish fare (casual prices)
Faves: Potato soup and anything on the "Irish Favorites" menu, and last but not least, the Guiness
Extras: Besides the cozy atmosphere and hearty food, I love the very Irish bartender (old enough to be my father) who has a tendancy to call me "darlin'" and "luv" (I realize this is not necessarily a plus for my male readers :>)

James Joyce Irish Pub
616 South President Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
410.727.5107
http://www.thejamesjoycepub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment